“I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things.” ~ Vincent van Gogh
Please note: I've been forced to moderate comments to discourage spam. As I live Down Under in the Southern Hemisphere, those of you Up Top might have to wait a while to see your comments appear. I may well be asleep when you read and post. Don't panic, nothing's gone wrong and you don't need to do anything – just hang on a little while.

Friday, October 14, 2011

X-Ray Vision

Photos of sunsets
and reflected trees

vie with city views
on the blaring TV

for the attention 
of radiology patients

who wait for their scans
with downcast eyes

failing to observe
these images.

2 comments:

  1. You capture the essence of awaiting medical treatment - I sat waiting for a mammogram while the TV ran a hype on facelift techniques. I wanted to cover my ears and sing "lalalallala" so I wouldn't have to listen. When there is dread, silence would help (me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb. I hope your dread was soon eased!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.